1. How often will I be charged?
Our invoices are generated in most cases monthly unless agreed in advance.
2. When will I receive my Bill?
You will normally receive your Bill mid-month the following month.
3. When will I receive my first bill?
We will invoice you around the 12th of the following month after transfer date. Please note that you may also receive a bill from your previous supplier for service prior to transferring to Chess.
4. Why have I been charged more than one month’s line rental?
If your services have gone live mid-way through a month then you will be charged for the part of that month together with a month’s line rental in advance.
5. How do I pay?
- You can complete and return a Direct debit mandate click HERE
to download or alternatively you can call our dedicated team on 0844 770 4226
to set this up over the phone (you could save £79.20 a year)
- You can also make a secure payment online by clicking HERE
- Please make payment to Chess Ltd, Account Number: 63490742, Sort Code: 20-55-34,
quoting account number
- Call our Accounts team on 0844 770 4226
6. How long does it take for my direct debit to be set up?
It normally takes about 10-14 days.
7. When is the direct debt taken from my account?
The date the direct debit will be collected is shown on the front page of your invoice, this is normally around the 25th of each month.
8. Can I change the date that the direct debit comes out of my account?
Unfortunately not, we currently only have one direct debit collection date for the monthly invoices.
9. When do I need to pay in order to avoid late payment charges?
By the last day of the month
10. Why is my bill different this month?
There may be different reasons for this. For example, you may have upgraded your service or changed your tariff. On rare occasions, we may have decreased or increased our charges, which we would have informed you of via email or post in advance.
11. Can I view my bill online?
Yes you can view all your bills online via your customer portal, if you haven't already registered, it’s quick and simple click HERE
12. What is the customer portal?
It is your secure remote access to our website where you will be able to view your bills and manage your account.
13. Where can I find my account number?
Your account number can be found on your invoice, if you are unsure then call our dedicated Customer Service team on 0844 770 6060.
14. How do I do register for the customer portal?
It’s easy, all you need is your account number (format ABC1234) and to click HERE
15. How do I change the name or address on my account?
Speak to our Dedicated Customer Service team at 0844 770 6060 and we will guide you through the process.