Business Customer Service Sales Executive
Chess Telecom, one of the UK’s fastest growing telecommunication companies, is looking for an enthusiastic, target driven and passionate person to join their growing Business Customer Service Sales Team. The role will include calls to existing customers to promote and sell Chess quality products.
The successful candidate would work from our office in Alderley Edge, reporting in to the Business Customer Service Team Manager.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays
Remuneration: Up to £17,000 basic p.a. dependent upon experience and reviewed on an annual basis
OTE: £30,000, Uncapped.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance and Loyalty Scheme.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
• Generate sales to existing customers
• Collate accurate customer information on our internal systems
• Learn about products and offers
• Keep updated about the telecoms market
• Ensure personal performance is reported to manager daily
• Outbound calls to customers
• Prepare sales proposals
• Liaising with team members to maximize the database potential
• Action leads from other areas of the business
• Ability to work under pressure & meet sales targets
• Excellent telephone sales skills
• Effective communicator
• Good computer skills
• Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team
• Time Management skills
• Self development
• Adaptable to change
• Good mathematical ability
• Listening skills
• Problem solver
• Analytical skills
• Closing skills
Telecoms Industry Knowledge would be an advantage but is not essential for this role.
Mobile sales would be an advantage but is not essential.
If you wish to apply for this position please answer the following questions in your covering letter:
1. What is your biggest achievement outside work?
2. What do you bring to a team?
3. When have you stepped forward and made a difference?
4. When have you felt out of your comfort zone?
5. What sort of things are important to you?
6. In 3 words, tell me how your colleagues would describe you?
If you are looking to work within a challenging but rewarding environment, then Chess is ideal. Chess have been voted in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in 2010 and 2011, along with numerous other awards and accreditations. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing, ambitious business where people development is seen as being critical to future success.
Please email your CV and covering letter to our HR Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further enquiries please phone: 0844 770 6000